Heavy equipment manufacturers are constantly on the hunt for ways to reduce costs and streamline workflows. But to adopt a new component, it must also meet your needs for versatility, durability and ease of use -- without compromising performance.
Ratchet P-Clamps are an innovative wire bundling solution that meet those requirements. Featuring an adjustable ratchet clamp mechanism, five sizes and multiple mounting options, ratchet p-clamps enable users to reduce parts and inventory costs. And cuts the time required for wire harness and cable installation and maintenance.
Engineered for heavy-duty applications, it creatively solves wire bundling challenges in OEM, automotive and solar installations.
VERSATILE INVENTORY REDUCERS
Inventory reduction is key to lower operational expenses. With so many different cable sizes, fastening requirements and engineering specifications for P-clamps, many manufacturers must keep an extensive inventory on hand. HellermannTyton followed customers on the jobsite and learned that installers often need to route bundles side-by-side, must improvise to secure electrical runs as a final assembly step or find a way to work around mounting challenges using brackets, washers or other tricks. Sound familiar? To turn challenges into versatility HellermannTyton:
- Made each clamp adjustable to accommodate a range of cable sizes from 0.24" (6.2mm) to 3.15" (80mm) with just five parts
- Created three lengths of mounting plates and 180° (straight), 15°, 30° and 90° angled orientations
- Developed three inline options utilizing fir tree and adhesive mounts
- Designed Ratchet P-Clamps with stampings to allow stacking in parallel cable runs and offset applications
- Added a saddle to the top to give installers another attachment point
Easy to Close and Open
Assembling a traditional metal, two-piece P-clamp and grommet around a cable or bundle, positioning it, and then mounting it can be frustrating. Ratchet P-Clamp’s solid body is closed manually, clicking as it closes to ensure it is secure. Using an EVO Series Hand Tool and an optional Tension Tab can apply exact tension. Need to open the clamp? No need to remove it -- simply insert a flat-head screwdriver between the ratchet rails. Wiring can be adjusted in a cramped engine compartment, on a production line robot, or between panels in a solar photovoltaic system.
Automatic Wire and Bundle Alignment
Traditional P-clamps often twist when torqued, stressing the bundle. They can also pinch wires and it’s difficult to adjust cables during or after installation. Addressing those issues, Ratchet P-Clamps:
- Allow pre-installation on harnesses and alignment of final mounting position
- Allow for pre-installation and alignment on the work surface
- Adjust to close at the exact desired diameter and tension
- Align wires to the center as they are secured, reducing pinching
- Close manually or with an EVO® Series Hand Tool and Tension Tabs
- Optional Soft Inserts snap in to provide extra abrasion resistance
- UL Listed
- Impact modified, heat & UV stabilized PA66 plastic for long-term durability
- Integrated cable tie saddle allows attachment of additional bundle
- One-piece ratchet closure allows for easy installation, one-touch close
- Screwdriver release enables easy adjustments and maintenance
- Tension Tabs facilitate closure using an EVO Series hand tool
- Interior rib design minimizes movement due to vibration
- Contoured interior designed to guide & center bundle to reduce pinching
- Mounting plates are available with M6, M8, M10 and M12 diameter hole sizes
- Zinc-coated or stainless steel mounting plates tolerate high-torque mounting, resist chemicals and salt spray, and do not corrode
- Choice of attachments available: round or oval fir tree offer high extraction and low insertion forces; adhesive option is ideal where no mounting hole exists