1.1. What is your personal data?
Personal data is information that can identify you as an individual.
1.2. How do we process your personal data?
IEWC complies with mandates to keep your personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining more data than is necessary; by protecting your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure; and by ensuring that we take appropriate action to protect your personal data.We use your personal data to:
- Manage IEWC.com and deliver the products and services that individuals have requested.
- Inform you of products or services we offer.
- Sell, process, and deliver our product or service orders.
- Provide access to credit terms when requested.
- Contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinions of current products and services or of potential new services that we may offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Protect the interests of an individual or a group of individuals.
- Carry out a task in the public interest, such as a request for national security purposes.
- Process data related to employment, social security, or protection laws of employees or those looking for a job at IEWC.
- Comply with court orders or defend you and/or IEWC in court if necessary.
1.3. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and we will only share it with IEWC employees, our shipping and delivery vendors, and our service providers. We will share your data with third parties outside of IEWC only if you give us permission. We intend to ask for your permission specifically in context of you requesting information, purchasing a product or service, registering on our website for a better online experience, or for applying with us for a job.
1.4. How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed from a business perspective or where accounting, employment, and legal commitments dictate.
1.5. Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights that we will respect:
- The right to request a copy of any personal data that IEWC holds about you;
- The right to request that IEWC correct any personal data if it is found to be wrong;
- The right to request your personal data be erased when it is no longer necessary for IEWC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to IEWC’s use of your information;
- The right to request that IEWC provide you with your personal data in electronic format;
- The right to ask IEWC to stop using your data until any dispute around data accuracy is resolved; and
- Additional information on your personal rights can be obtained from the German Data Protection Authority (DPA), the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office or the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
1.6. Further use of your data
If we want to use your personal data for any other notice, IEWC will first contact you with an updated notice.
1.7. Contact Details
To exercise your rights under this notice, or for any questions, please contact IEWC’s Marketing Communications Manager.